Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sgilman's Review on The Hunger Games



So this week I watched The Hunger Games, after the well known book "The Hunger Games".

My story of why I watched the movie:
 When I first saw the trailer for this movie I knew it was time to read the book because everyone I had talked to told me I need to read it before I watched the movie so I sat down and read the book for a solid two days straight and loved everything about it so much that I couldn't put it down which is surprising for me because I am not the type of person that will sit down and read books, but this time I did and I am so happy that I did. 

My review on the movie:
After watching the movie I was confused on why so many people hated the movie because I honestly thought the movie was good, there were some parts that I would have changed but all in all I liked the movie.
Pro's: 
*The casting for the movie was VERY well done and I wouldn't have changed the cast. Although Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutchinson had to use some hair dye they fit the characters of Katniss and Peeta perfectly. Jennifer being young but responsible, caring, smart, and strong like Katniss was portrayed in the book. Then there was Josh who was able to portray the also young, caring,strong, and loving Peeta. And then the rest of the characters I could go on about how well they were cast but that would take a while. 
* The make up work nailed the character descriptions, done by the three time academy award winning make up artist Ve Neill. Ve was able to make the people of the capital look different and odd looking to us but didn't make them look tacky, and she also made Peeta disappear easily. 
* The action scenes were well choreographed
*Stayed close enough to the book.
Cons: 
* They didn't really show the relationship between Katniss and Gale enough to have the audience that didn't read the book notice the love triangle between Gale Katniss and Peeta.
*They changed how Katniss received the Mocking jay pin. 
*Didn't mention much about the 13th district. 
* The training sessions were a little off from the book's description of how they went.
* There was nothing explaining of how Katniss and Rue began an alliance. 
* Finally there was just small mistakes that didn't follow the book. 

All in all I enjoyed the movie and I am excited for the next movie "Cathching Fire" to premiere 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment